Birdwatching and birds photography:
Extremadura, with very diverse habitats, a low industrial development and good conservation of its natural environment, is one of the best places in Europe to enjoy birdwatching. In fact, 26% of its territory is ZEPA (Special Protection of Birds Zone).
Finca Cielo Abierto is located in the Las Villuercas region, an area with very interesting landscape diversity and pure nature. Among its ecosystems we find the Mediterranean forest, with large areas of ÔÇťdehesaÔÇŁ (the typical low density forest of Extremadura), crags, rivers and small reservoirs, oak or chestnut forests, isolated valleys and all together with a very low population density. YouÔÇÖll find here emblematic birds as Black Vulture, Golden Eagle, Short-toed Eagle, Booted and BonelliÔÇÖs Eagle, Black and Red Kite, Golden Oriole, Hoopoe, Azure-Winged, Bee-Eaters, Rufous-Tailed, Rock Thrust, Blue Rock Thrust, Peregrine Falcon ... just to mention a small part of the birds you can enjoy in the nearby.
Other reasons to choose Cielo Abierto as your accommodation for your birdwatching holidays are:
- The convenient location regarding areas of ornithological interest such as Arrocampo reservoir, Campolugar, Moheda Alta, Trujillo plains, Alcollar├şn and Sierra Brava reservoirs, Orellana or Monfrag├╝e. All of them, less than an hour far from Cielo Abierto.
- Beautiful, well preserved and extensive network of secondary roads that will delight birdwatchers.
- The location of our houses on the top of the valley of Berzocana will allow you to enjoy the spectacle of nature without leaving the terrace.
- We are partner of the Club Birding Extremadura, all our experience and knowledge at your service. Detailed maps with routes and other birdwatching documentation available.
- If you want, we will contact for you with professional guides and hides services.
Some interest links:
- Birds list of Villuercas region: http://birding.villuercas-ibores-jara.com
- Extremadura travel report from the web http://naturetravelnetwork.com where it's remarked 5 differents grate places for birdwatching in Extremadura, 2 of them are in Villuercas region and 3, less than 1 hour far from Cielo Abierto.